Shop-a-Round is currently FREE
Shop-a-Round, a service for seniors and people with disabilities, is pleased to announce promotional FREE fares for all van trips until July 2017. Starting July 1, 2017, Shop-a-Round trips will cost $2.50 per one-way trip. Click here for more information.
Current Shop-a-Round Schedule
Shop-a-Round operates on a set schedule to differing grocery shopping locations each day of the week, including the Alemany Farmer's Market on Saturdays and the Stonestown Farmer's Market on Sundays. For the current schedule, click here.
For more information, call the SF Paratransit office at (415) 351-7052.
SF Paratransit’s Grocery Shopping Shuttle
Shop-a-Round provides group shopping transportation to registered riders.
- Shop-a-Round is a convenient, low-cost shuttle that makes it easier to go grocery shopping. The service offers registered seniors and people with disabilties personalized assistance that is not available on Muni bus and rail lines
- The shuttle takes groups of customers to grocery stores or supermarkets in San Francisco where they want to shop.
- Shop-a-Round trips are currently FREE. Starting July 1, 2017, Shop-a-Round trips will cost $2.50 per one-way trip.
- The driver will help carry groceries on and off the shuttle.
Registered riders must meet at least one of these qualifications:
- Age 65 or older or
- Disabled and have a RTC Discount ID Card or
- Eligible for ADA Paratransit services.
Fill out a registration form. Applicants must provide proof that they are eligible for the program when submitting their registration form. Click here for the registration form.
Once registration is complete, information about scheduling Shop-a-Round trips will be mailed to you.
Scheduling a Shop-a-Round Trip
To start using the program, call the phone number in the registration information materials and let the operator know where you want to go grocery shopping. Because Shop-a-Round trips operate on a schedule (specific days of the week at specific times), the operator will take your request and let you know when your trip will be scheduled. For example, if you want to go to Safeway, the operator will tell you the day and time service is available to the store. For Monday service, please schedule your trip by the Friday before your trip.
- You’ll spend about one hour at the supermarket.
- Registered users may take unlimited rides on Shop-a-Round.
Services Provided on Shop-a-Round
When you ride Shop-a-Round, you’ll be on a van with other senior and disabled riders going to the same grocery store.
The van will stop and pick up or drop off other riders at their homes.
- You may travel with one companion if there is space on the vehicle.
- If you are a Paratransit user or RTC card holder and designated as having an attendant, your attendant may board with you at no additional cost.
Although Shop-a-Round drivers may not enter your home, upon request they will offer assistance and to/from the entrance of your home or building where you live.
- The driver will assist you getting in and out of the vehicle.
- Drivers will carry up to three (3) bags of groceries per registered rider between the vehicle and your front door.
Need an application? Want more information on Shop-a-Round?
SF Paratransit Office
68 12th Street, 1st Floor
San Francisco, CA 94103
Phone: (415) 351-7052
TTY: (415) 351-3942
Fax: (415) 351-3135
For more information on the Regional Transit Connection (RTC) Discount ID Card, call
(415) 701-5025 or TDD (415) 351-3443.