Where To Call to Schedule or Check on an ADA Trip
Reservations & “Where’s My Ride?”
IN AN EMERGENCY… If you are experiencing a life-threatening emergency, always dial 9-1-1. San Francisco Paratransit does not provide service for life-threatening emergencies.
Scheduling a Ride
You must call and make a reservation for SF Access service at least the day before you need a ride, or up to seven days in advance. Reservations are accepted seven days a week, between 7 am and 6 pm. Remember, you must call by 6 pm on the night before you need service.
When calling to reserve a ride, please have the following information ready:
- Either your paratransit ID number or your full name
- Your home address
- Pick-up address, including street number, street name, building name (such as “Western Medical Clinic” or “Bay Bank”), suite number (if known), zip code, entry code for any security entrances, and telephone number at your origin
- Your desired pick-up or appointment time
- Your requested return time, if you are scheduling a round trip
- Where you want to go: street number, street name, suite number, zip code, and phone number at your destination (for example, your physician’s office telephone number). Alert the reservation agent if you are scheduling a “multiple-leg” trip
- If you will be using a wheelchair or other mobility device
- If you will be bringing a service animal
- If you will be accompanied by an attendant and/or any companion
- If you will be traveling with a child under the age of eight who is less than four feet, nine inches in height, you must provide the child’s safety seat and you must properly secure the child in it in accordance with California law. Any child seat used on SF Paratransit must meet the state of California standards for a child of that size and age. The driver will provide assistance if necessary
- Any other information you feel the paratransit driver should have to help you travel in a safe and timely manner
When you call to schedule your ride, the reservation agent may need to ask you to change your requested pick-up time in order to accommodate your ride request. The ADA allows us to negotiate a revised pick-up time with you that may be up to one hour before or after your requested pick up time. (However, if you give us a fixed appointment time, we will only negotiate up to one hour before the necessary pick-up time.) You must make all schedule changes with the reservation agent. Please do not ask the driver to change your return trip, place, or time.